Thursday, April 12, 2012

To end this Feminist aspect of my Blog I want to include some topics that have shifted my perspective on women and gender altogether. I have learned many valueable things about Gender and Identity as well as sexual identity and all the hardships that come with it. Society as well as religion is not very accepting to other sexual identities which leave individuals dealing with a lot of the issues FourWomenandFeminism and I have covered. Think about this, a muslim transgender women who is overweight and sexual abused. Think about society and the way her life may be. For example, think about the fact that she probably has no support from her family or religion because of her gender and sexual identity. Also think about the social construct of body image and the way she may feel about how she "needs" to look in order to fit in not only as a women but as a thin light skinned women. Lastly, think of the everyday life she lives, being bullied and targeted with physical and mental abuse from others around her. Including the motherly role, and wife role she is expected to play. There are so many aspects to women and gender studies that I cannot even stress enough that I have learned about. Every single time I am taught about a new issue, my perspective changes a little bit more. My eyes have been opened to a lot more than I anticipated from my Women and Gender Studies class, I encourage all my followers to continue to view the world not as a feminist, but taking into consideration all these barriers different people live with. Society is harsh, but then again; together we make up society. 


Here is a link to some Feminist qoutes for your entertainment and awareness on feminst altogether.
Enjoy; Feminist Quotes 




No comments:

Post a Comment